Monday, December 29, 2014

Oops, I did it again!!!

The weird thing about me is sometimes I'm completely on trend, or even slightly before trend, and other times-rare times- I'm so far behind trend it's pathetic. The last time I missed the boat on a trend was when iPods were introduced to the world.  No, you heard me right... Not iPhones, iPods, first generation iPods to be exact.  (See how sad?!?! Haha!!) While everyone, including my sister, was coveting iPods and adding them to their Christmas or birthday list, I was fighting it. I wasn't interested in them in the slightest. 

Me: "Sure carrying that much music with you is cool.... And sure, it's awesome you can purchase a song instead of the whole album and receive it instantly, but really, how long is this "fad" going to last?!? Digital music. Blah! It'll be a thing of the past before you know it!" 

Boy was I wrong. About a year after proclaiming my disdain for digital music and iPods I got one as a Christmas gift from my parents.  At first I rolled my eyes...but then I gave it a shot...and I fell in LOVE. 

Me:  "OMG iPod!! Where have you been all my life?!? How have I lived this long without you?!?" 

That was years ago, and it's been a long time since I've been that behind....on anything. But sadly I'm here to admit it has happened to me once again. For the second time in my life I've written off something as "needless and a fad" only to find out I was wrong. So wrong!! This time the victim was with Netflix. 

I had a Netflix account but it was like the gym membership-something to have but never, or rarely, in use.  At one point I even cancelled it.  But then one day, out of the blue, I decided to re-up my membership.  And the next day on my lunch break I was gnawing on my caesar salad while creating a "watch list".  At the time I wasn't sure why I was taking the time to create a "watch list", it wasn't like I ever intended to use it. But once I got started searching for shows and movies a whole new world opened up to me...and I couldn't stop!  By the end of my lunch break I had a half eaten salad and so many things on my "watch list" I wasn't sure where to start. And honestly doubted I ever would.

But one lazy Sunday I fired up Netflix and ever since I've never looked back. I'm in LOVE...again!! (I honestly now think that iPods, iPhones, iPads, etc., and Netflix are the best inventions since the Post-It note!!!) Binge watching is amazing!!! Arrow, Revenge... OMG I can't get enough!! 
So....I find myself sitting here, once again, wondering what took me so long!! 

Do you have a time you completely missed out on a trend only later to find out it's one of the best things ever?!?!  If so, leave me a comment!  I'd love to hear about it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment