Thursday, January 8, 2015

Oui Please... Most definitely

I've been doing the subscription box thing for a while- some I've kept, like Fabfitfun, Yuzen, Nina Garcia's Quarterly Box, and Popsugar, others I've grown bored with and have cancelled, like Birchbox, Glossybox, Ipsy, Wantables, Sample Society, etc. Recently I stumbled a new subscription box that I just had to try- Oui Please.  At first glance the subscription seemed a bit pricey for a mixture of surprise items, but after reading some of the reviews from others who had subscribed and received the box the cost seemed totally worth it. Usually subscription boxes receive mixed reviews, but the majority of this box's reviews, from what I could see, were rave reviews. So I headed over to the website and signed up for their flagship box called "Vol. 1.1 Paris, I miss you". 

My box was to be delivered Friday by Fed-Ex. However, when I came home Friday evening I found a door tag from Fed-Ex-my box needed a direct signature to be released. As disappointed as I was that I wouldn't be spending my Friday night opening my box, I realized that the value must be extremely high for them to require a signature. I spent rest of the night reading others reviews on their boxes, and imagining what might be in mine. I couldn't wait!!

I woke up early Saturday and the suspense was killing me. If the door tag delivery time from the day before was any indication, a second deliver attempt would be around 10:30 A.M. I patiently waited around the house, finding things to keep me busy until my box arrived. Soon there was a knock on my door and the delivery man was standing there holding a beautiful black box from Oui Please.  I quickly signed for it and ran inside to see what I was sent. 


The first thing I noticed was that the box was much heavier than I had expected.   Most subscription boxes weight less than 5lbs, this box was clearly over that!  I must say Oui Please has the most elegant wrapping! Just unboxing it you know you're in for something amazing, and what was inside did not disappoint!!
Vol. 1.1 Paris I Miss You
1951 Maison Française Leather Clutch in Brown (XL with chain) $100
Christian Lacroix Leatherbound 2015 Dated Diary $30, Dame D Necklace $45, Tassia Canellis Earrings in white $45
Charlotte Sometime Leather Wallet in Brown $40, Popup Scented Candle in Desert Storm $35
Marlette Cereal Bars with Figs and Apricots $10, Maison de la Truffe Grey Salt from Guérande with Summer Truffle $25, Le Bénéfique Tea Springs $5
Atelier Cologne Vanilla Insensée $25, Sothys Morning Cleanser $33, Sothys Desquacream $34, Myriam K Anti-Frizz Serum $50
Complimentary copy of the latest issue of "Et Voila" magazine.  Inside you'll find simple French recipes, style advice, interviews, lifestyle pieces, and discover the full range of current products that were distributed throughout that volume's box.  
Total Value= $477!!!
I don't think I've ever received such luxurious, amazing things in one box before. Typically subscription boxes have one or two items to covet and the rest are so-so. This box was full of things I coveted, none of which was so-so.

It's not often that I can say the price justifies the take away, as far as subscription boxes are concerned, but with this box it's more than justified! Although this is their flagship box, Oui Please hit it out of the park!! I'm beyond impressed and there is no way this box is ending up on my cancel list!!

It should be noted that this subscription is not monthly-it comes every two months.  Each box features a different region of France, and features a unique selection of full sized French products- unlike most subscription boxes that only offer samples, or deluxe samples.  This volume was all about Paris, next volume features Normandie. Oui Please offers three different membership options: Single parcel $175, Month-to-month $150, or Annual pre-paid $650.  

The excitement for my next box is already high, and waiting for it to be delivered will be torture, but from my impression of this box, the wait is totally worth it! Sadly, for those of you who are interested in the Vol. 1.1 Paris, I Miss You box, it is too late to subscribe but it's not too late to subscribe for next months box, Vol. 1.2 Dreaming of Normadie, sohead over to Oui Please and sign up!! I promise you won't be disappointed!!  I've embedded the link to Oui Please throughout this post, so just click on their name and you'll be right where you need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment